Sunday, August 28, 2011

Guy Fieri's Beef Brisket

Since I am not allowed to have an outdoor grill (high-rise condo), the closest thing to BBQ I can get is braised brisket. Honestly, I decided to make this after seeing this photo. But mine didn't exactly turn out like that, did it?

But it was quite tasty.



What didn't work: The amount of side ingredients that I had to buy just to flavor the meat and they ended up being pureed into a sauce that closely resembled baby's diarrhea. I think that maybe next time, I will stick to the minimum number of ingredients since I seem to have the technique down (braising). This recipe is also very labor intensive. Took me all day to make it and by the time my guest arrived, I was exhausted.

What Worked: The taste factor. Yes the meat was very tender, and yes the sauce was tasty. But it wasn't the BEST I had. I think that I can find a better recipe somewhere that requires less number of ingredients.





Would I make this again? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment