Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chocolate Wafers And Blogging

This is my 20938th attempt at blogging. I have created countless clever (what I thought at that time was clever) nicknames and domain names, published a few posts, and then completely abandoned them. My friends have called me out on it, but my excuse was that I simply could not keep up with it. So I decided to just post the food photos to my facebook album and be content with it.





I'm not content with it.




Lately, I am realizing how much I hate my corporate job more and more. I hate the drama, politics and headache it brings me. I hate how it does not bring joy to my life. Only thing that does seem to bring me joy about my job is when I bring food into work to share with my co-workers. This is a part of me that keeps my sanity (aside from travel, running, shopping, drinking, etc.), and I thought that I definitely need to log it. Otherwise, when I look back on my life, all I remember will be my miserable work days.





On backtracking my cooking. Because this blog is about documenting what I cook & bake, I found the need to go back to the memorable dishes I made before and document it. I plan to keep track of the recipes (through links mostly), and notes that I made while making the dishes. This is also a way to share great recipes with my friends.





........




Onto the chocolate wafers. One day, I was trying to find chocolate wafers to make an icebox cake that I was planning to bring to a friend's potluck. I went to 5 different (I kid you not) grocery stores in search of chocolate wafers. No one had such thing. Frustrated, I Google'd the recipe for the chocolate wafers and made them myself. Totally made the icebox cake making process more time & labor-intensive than what I expected. But I guess sometimes detours are needed.





What did not work: Wax paper does not equal parchment paper. Stoopid. I had hell of a time trying to peel the wax paper from the wafers. Such mistakes are not recommended for impatient people like me.





What worked: Everything else. Most grocery stores around me will never carry chocolate wafers, so think twice about the recipe when it calls for chocolate wafers. Do I have the time to make the wafers? However, if I really really really really need the wafers, I will definitely reuse this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment